Making Adventure Interactive
INTERACTIVE CHALLENGE COURSE
Up your family entertainment game with The Hive—an innovative, interactive obstacle based challenge course designed for older thrill-seeking kids and young adults. Its innovative hex structure houses a broad spectrum of challenges uniquely designed to push the limits of the body, engage the imagination, and dazzle the senses. This newest interactive play element first introduced at the IAAPA show in Orlando, Florida, November 2019, is the latest in play elements pioneered by the company. Soft Play is asking participants to try their newest element and dares challengers to “Survive the Hive”. Both competitors and observers experience an interconnecting network of challenges built for adrenaline-pumping adventure.
The Hive is conceptually a timed course inside a hexagon structure. Participants will start on the ground and climb on netting to the top of the hexagonal configuration in and around raised spherical components to reach each lit button and to a signal they have survived the challenge. Contestants can compete over and over to find better ways to explore the challenge and can increase their finishing times reaching each hive button allowing them to triumph over the course or other contestants.
The Hive play element is a part of a larger system of elements making an entire Interactive Challenge Course. The other play elements will be introduced at an as yet to be determined later date making an even larger interactive challenge course. The course contestants can be a single individual or up to 5 other participants per team for a total of ten participants racing against the clock and competing against the course or each other. They can keep track of time or compete against each other for an interactive challenge unlike any other offered to date by the Soft Play team.
The Hive is made up of roto-molded plastic spheres inside a hive structure with ropes and other elements that create a challenge to reach the top of the structure. Children will need to have core strength and agility to reach the top and once they begin to master the structure, they can try to decrease their time to complete the course or they can challenge other users to see who wins the battle. Every time they accept the challenge they experience a new and interactive encounter with the course. This is truly a signature element to increase the fun and excitement kids will experience and one they will have to try time and time again.
Features of The Hive’s innovative hex structure include:
- Hex Core: Iconic engineering and design create a striking visual signature, making this attraction impossible to ignore.
- Ball Obstacle: Climb up or squeeze through to reach the game sensor as quickly as you can.
- Adventure Ropes: Conquer the climbing experience with strategic configurations and positions of adventure ropes.
- Game Targets: The two-sided light game sensors enhance the visual impact and increase interaction among competitors, teammates, and outside observers.
- Control Station: Hosts the start button to activate the game and shows the running and final score.
- Top Level Barrier Nets: Elevate the climbing experience and create additional opportunities to pass other competitors.
- No-Fly Zone: Prevents climbing outside the unit while improving visibility to monitor the action inside.
- Hammock Zone: Create a safe space to catch your second wind. Observe other competitors and devise your winning strategy.
- Scoreboard: Showcases the game’s score on a large display constructed of ultra-tough material built to withstand the toughest competition.
- Perforated Steel Walls: Define the space, optimize traffic flow, and identify the game’s entrance and exit.
- Performance Mats: Exclusively designed for The Hive, these performance mats provide exceptional durability in high-traffic environments.
JUNIOR INTERACTIVE OBSTACLE CHALLENGE COURSE FOR KIDS
Add a little more adventure for junior thrill-seekers!
If your smaller and younger participants want to play while the older adventurers are in The Hive, our adventure spheres offer an exciting, interactive companion to The Hive. This mini-course is specifically designed to gamify your adventure attraction with age-appropriate thrills like an interactive light show and a spherical climbing challenge that pushes younger kids’ confidence to new heights.
- Sphere Obstacles: Climb through a cluster of soft-sculpted spheres in a variety of sizes and unique climbing patterns that create an open play adventure designed with smaller kids in mind.
- Light Walk: Create a dazzling light show by stepping from one light-up sphere to another.
- Ground Game: Expand the play space with custom carpet designs that provide a safe and eye-catching play surface for your facility.
Why Choose An Interactive Indoor Obstacle Course by Soft Play?
- Encourages competitors and observers to join in an interactive, multi-generational experience
- Adds enough variety, thrill and challenge to justify higher admission costs
- Creates opportunities for memorable team-building and birthday party experiences
- Adds an awe-inspiring signature attraction without requiring a large footprint
At Soft Play, we aren’t your average playground manufacturer — we design fun and challenging interactive courses to benefit businesses and their customers of all ages. Experience the interactive challenge course and have a memory and challenge that your patrons can enjoy time and time again.
- Free Play or Pay For Play – If your attraction or entertainment center offers free play or pay for play this interactive challenge course will provide a return on your investment. It attracts customers and keeps them coming. Businesses of all types will enjoy the increased foot traffic our interactive challenge courses provide. Nothing attracts guests like a gamified, fun-looking challenge course the whole family can enjoy together!
- Set yourself apart from the competition: This is a new adventure offered by Soft Play that will be an ever evolving play experience. These challenge courses are the first of its kind and you will be an early adopter. This will set you apart and keep patrons coming back again and again. This is going to create a buzz in the industry.
- Maximize profits: Return on investment is always the buzz businesses have in every meeting about an investment. Our courses and equipment use premium materials built to last for years. They are a great investment even for businesses on a budget. Contact us to increase your repeat business and have your newly purchased equipment pay for itself — and then some!
- Promote active play: Active play is essential for health and development of children of all ages and we offer the courses like this to give those looking for new experiences the opportunity to challenge their abilities and keep active. Our groundbreaking interactive challenge courses are so much fun that kids won’t even realize they’re actually exercising.
Choose Us for Thrilling Interactive Challenge Courses
If you’re looking to maximize your profits and provide an incredible experience your guests won’t soon forget, look no further than Soft Play — the architects of play — and our newly designed interactive challenge course solutions. We offer groundbreaking, customized designs that meet both your spacing needs and your bottom line. No matter the type and size of your business, now is the time to enjoy the benefits our equipment offers.
To take your business to the next level and provide interactivity for your participants, and a design-driven challenge for guests. Contact our specialists today to request a Soft Play design consultation.