When you decide to create an indoor playground, you may be thrilled and ready to jump right into the process. It’s also perfectly normal to have a lot of questions. Questions are actually a great sign. They show you’re taking this investment seriously and planning ahead to create the best possible play space for kids.
Planning an Indoor Playground: Essential Questions to Ask
When you’re planning an indoor playground, these are some of the questions you’ll want to spend some time thinking through, either by yourself or with a committee:
- Where Will This Playground Go? Measure the space you will be using and take photos from several angles. When speaking with Soft Play reps or trying to plan your space, you can use these measurements and pictures to get a clearer idea of where everything would have to fit.
- What Is the Budget? How much to budget for your indoor playground will depend on how you plan to raise the money. You may have savings, or you might need to fundraise, seek advertising money or apply for grants. You can work with Soft Play to phase build your playground, so you can pay for it over time as well, and financing can also be an option. We have several types of play equipment for every budget, and our reps can also help you review your budget options.
- Who Will Play Here? Consider the age ranges of the children who will likely visit and how the equipment will be used. Your organization can be a clue here. If you are a daycare interested in promoting the development of kids, innovative equipment that helps kids grow and provides plenty of learning opportunities may be right for you. If your organization promotes healthy activity, you may want playground equipment that encourages active play.
- What Are the Special Considerations? If your organization is faith-based, are there some themes that would be less appropriate? Do you want your playground to be inclusive for children of different ages and abilities? Would you like an area that can also be educational? Consider any added concerns you have.
- What Indoor Playground Equipment Should I Choose? To answer this question, you need to understand your choices. From classic playgrounds to music equipment and themed solutions, playgrounds today are much more enriching than ever before. Browse the Soft Play® catalog to see what calls to you.
- What Indoor Playground Surfacing Should I Use? Once you have a sense of what playground equipment you want to use, consider whether pour-in-place, modular tiles or another safety surfacing would offer the best safety option and most appealing look.
Once you have questions you want to ask, and after you have considered what you are looking for, you need someone to help you get answers. Soft Play representatives can address your queries and offer a free design consultation. We can even start the process of creating a customized vision for your playground. Contact your Soft Play rep today to get started.